Friday, February 22, 2013

Stone Ruination IPA






 
I'm still on the fence about Stone Brewing... like are they some kind of overpriced, over-hyped brewer or are they some kind of super power in the beer world? Regardless, they have some GREAT advertising that keeps me coming back. It seems to me that everyone else likes Stone, but I consistently find myself questioning how people can find some of their beers titillating...

Ruination IPA is an "imperial" beer, or to the unfamiliar, it gets you drunk quicker. An imperial has a higher alcohol content and a good brewer knows how to tame this bite. 

Stone did this. It felt as if I was drinking a regular india(n?) pale ale.  It was very floral and citrus-y with a smooth, under-carbonated mouthfeel. I would recommend this brew, but not at all for the current price. 4 beers for ten dollars? No.

Recommendation: save your money and go with a different imperial.

#GTB Music Station, Hy-Vee wine and spirits, other.

"Ruination leaves a lantern lit so I know where the good lovin' is." - Every Time I Die

No comments:

Post a Comment