Saturday, February 16, 2013

Founder's Breakfast Stout

 I was never curious about this beer. I'll admit, I was disinterested by the looks of the questionable packaging choice depicting a baby in a high chair, but everyone who's read a book knows that you don't judge it by it's cover.

 I was lured by a more-than-descent sale price of a $3 draft. An experienced beer shopper knows that this beer runs about $10 dollars a 4-pack.

Appearance: dark, dark, brown. Opaque.
Smell: strong espresso aroma.
Taste: very unique. think of the last stout you had and then multiply that stout taste by 2.
Mouthfeel: bites hard (in a good way). Be sure to swish it around a little.
Overall: I'll give it an 8/10 because for a 10% abv beer, you cannot really taste the excess alcohol. It is covered up by a thick, interesting aftertaste that is sure to please.
My vote? Go ahead and buy the 4-pack because it's worth drinking at least once.

#GTB at Music Station, Hy-Vee Wine and Spirits, Mulligan's 

No comments:

Post a Comment