Monday, April 8, 2013

Three Philosophers




For the last year that I worked in a beer and liquor department, one man always came in, bought two bottles of this, and begged me to try it.Well when the price of one bottle was nearly worth two hours of my working wage, it was easy to be hesitant. Recently, a liquor store near by started selling 12oz bottles from a four pack for $4.50. Ok, I'm down. Get ready for some similes.

Appearance: Like multi-colored maple leaves. (3/5)

Smell: Like the first day of school. (3/5)

Taste: Like grandpa's hunting cabin at Christmas (4/5)

Mouthfeel: Like light syrup. (4/5)

Overall: Very good. (4/5) Well worth $4 dollars a bottle. I'm very impressed -- even when my expectations were very high, which when it comes to beers nowadays, is rare. I feel like I've had them all. I think I would go so far as to say Three Philosophers is in my top 20.

#GTB Hy-Vee Wine and Spirits is the only place I've found it.



No comments:

Post a Comment