Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Tasting

I decided one night to drink an array of different beers (to have a tasting, if you will). Instead of making huge posts for each of these, I thought I would just give you six micro-reviews all in one. Some suds were duds and some ales prevailed. Enjoy.


Shipyard IPA

I'll be honest: This beer was COMPLETE garbage. I took one sip and instantly checked the expiration date. It tasted like rust water. Also, it was an expensive mistake... 1/5
 Peace Tree Hop Wrangler

This beer is native to Iowa and is actually a good representation of a pale ale. It was thick and bitter, just like any good PA. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to try a local beer. I feel like this beer and Madhouse's HopBurst are some of the better Iowa beers. Overall: 3/5
Crispin Honey Crisp

I don't often admit that I like ciders, but I really do. Think of his Crispin cider as the champagne of the store-bought alcoholic ciders. It makes Wood Chuck look like Budweiser.

Overall: 4/5
New Belgium Ranger IPA

Ranger is always good. Hands down, a great IPA. Always a great go-to.

Overall: 4/5
New Belgium Abbey Ale

You've really gotta be in the right mood for New Belgium Abbey. I feel like I would get really sick of it after 3 beers. It's dark, malty, and somewhat boring. In the end though, it's still drinkable, and that's what we're looking for here.

Overall: 3/5
Boulevard Grainstorm Black Rye IPA

This 750ml bottle of Black IPA blew me away. It has all of the best qualities of a black lager and an IPA, obviously. This beer has bitter notes, floral aromas, and goes down with a smooth bite.

Overall 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment